Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Mister Pip" - final conclusion

I finished Mister Pip yesterday and I have to take back the words I wrote about some of the characters and the story line. Dolores, finally made an astonishing impression on me. Her last sacrifice blew me away. I won't tell you what happened as some of you may want to read the story but my point of view changed drastically. Yes, Dolores was the big catalyst of the horrifying events on the island but she redeemed herself completely in the final chapters. And the storyline...it got very emotional towards the end of the book. I cried for half an hour while reading it. Later that night I was so scared that I slept with my son's toy Grover (don't blame me I still love the Sesame Street as much as I was 10).

No comments:

Post a Comment