Wednesday, June 2, 2010

France

So I'm going on holidays !!! In just 2 days we will be in Brittany. Can someone please tell me why the region we are going to is called "little Ireland" ?:).

I'm taking with me the next Stieg Larssen's book "A girl who played with fire" so should be fun. Actually my friend warned me not to take this one as it's so captivating I wouldn't do any sightseeing:).

Now I'm off to pack. We have one bag for three of us so it will be 98% Nataniel's stuff and a pair of socks to share for us.

1 comment:

  1. Ania - Brittany is know as Little Britain.

    This is because, after the romans left Britain, the Germans invaded (well, they were from what we now call Germany) and all law and order disappeared.

    The inhabitants of Cornwall (and parts of Wales) decided to move (not all of them!) to Brittany.

    Thus, Brittany became known as Little Britain.

    There are many similarities in language between Breton, Cornish and Welsh - there are many examples of this on my website http://www.BretonDiary.com

    Enjoy your holiday in Brittany - it's a great place! What part are you going to stay in?

    ReplyDelete