Sunday, January 23, 2011

January bliss

Books I've read since the last update:

Book Nine: Andrew M.Greeley "Irish gold"...a book I've read in Wroclaw, borrowed from my father...he reads everything on Ireland...well, me too:). It's about an American who comes to Dublin to discover a secret behind his grandparent's escape to the States from Cork in 1920's. Nice read and a couple of interesting things I learned about history and Dublin.

Book Ten:Cecelia Ahern: "The book of Tomorrow"...another warm and magical book about family relations.

Book Eleven: Muriel Barbery: "The Elegance of The Hedgehog"...the most elegant and subtle expressions on art and the meaning of life.Is life without higher,pristine moments of rituals, music, literature just the sequence of getting out of bed, washing the dishes, doing the daily rutine?...Without art... are we different from the primates?

Book Twelve: Christos Tsiolkas: "The slap"...living in Australia from the Greek expat's point of view. Very interesting insight into the world of a Greek family.

In 2011 I'm reading everything on Sicily. We greeted the New Year with the first part of The Godfather so it sounded tempting to buy tickets to Trapani for two weeks in May and June. I'm so excited about this trip that I already read 2 guides and another one is waiting on my night table.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment