Saturday, December 12, 2009

...Woodstocky stuff...

The book is being read...

It's been hectic lately. My mum is back home and I miss her and my dad. I can't even think about that ...hopefully they will come here early next year...or maybe we will visit.

I'm figuring out the menu for Christmas. It's not easy. Shall I make the turkey? I'm afraid cause I hate to deal with uncooked poultry. Nik promised to help but will I have the courage to bring the bird home....don't know.

This week I baked bread made with yeast. Jamie Oliver's recipe. Turned out perfect. Nik loved it... If only it was healthier. I will bake that today too cause we ate the last loaf too quickly and didn't have the chance to take picture. Ok, we had the chance but lately we are so tired that taking pictures is beyond us. Nataniel decided that now he will only eat what he can take in his hand...part of the learning process I guess...but we are exhausted as after every meal house looks like a total mess. Food is everywhere. Hopefully Nataniel will learn soon.

I started cleaning up the house, planning, wrapping up the presents (thankfully we bought the presents last month). White Christmas? No way. The grass is green, sun shines and there is 10 degrees outside.

As part of the recovering process we watched Ang Lee's "Taking Woodstock" yesterday. Lovely movie. It reminded me of my previous experiences with woodstocky stuff. It all happened when I met Nik. We had long nights with music, beer, fire. Well, it's never really gone, well maybe we changed...Nik has short hair for few years now, it turned that it's not good for your health to drink so much beer...so we cut down...a little bit, the music has changed. We never really rebelled against anything so that's not different now...and we have a new companion...the adorable Nataniel with his shiny blond hair. It's better...we have our own place, we have ourselves.We are a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment