Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!!!


So Christmas is over...and another year of preparation ahead of me:). To be honest thanks to Nigella my food turned out to be a success.I made sticky gingerbread, rocky road, beetroot cake, Christmas cake...the only thing I didn't make was the turkey. There was just so much food that on Christmas day I served sirloin,which my mother-in-law brought from Poland, with Brussels sprouts with pecans and caramelised onions and oven baked parsnips in maple syrup. Not bad for my first official Christmas. If only the weather was better...it was...still is... very cold. During the night even -8 degrees.There wasn't much of a chance to take the in-laws for long walks with Nataniel. I read yesterday that this is the coldest winter in 40 years. As we are here almost five years now (I can't believe how time flies) we never experienced such cold. It was always around 10 degrees.Last year we didn't even turn the heating on as it was warm enough. Ok, the gas heating broke down during Christmas '08 but still- it was warm!

As for the lovely New Years Eve we had a crazy party with martini drinks, a movie and Nataniel sleeping in next room:).The movie "City island" with Andy Garcia was great. The counting down was magical as it started to snow. We went out on a balcony and watched the fireworks and as adults...and children were running around in the snow building a snowman.

The most important thing is that Nataniel is getting more confident with his walking. He still crawls most of the time but you should see the the proud look on his face when he makes his cute independent steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment