Friday, November 6, 2009

Book Seven: Marian Keyes "Anybody out there"

13 CDs-audiobook

Omg this week was hectic. We have moved in to a new apartment. Nataniel seems to be getting used to his new space. He already has his favourite spots. I'm exhausted after cleaning, unpacking the boxes and I need some sleep desperately.

For the past two weeks I've been listening to the "Anybody out there" audiobook. I wanted to use the walking with Nataniel time to catch up with my reading. The story is about an Irish woman who lives in New York and lost her husband in a car accident. The woman that reads the book is amazing, she has a vary clear and dramatic voice. I still have 5 cds to listen to so I really need to hurry up if I want to read 20 books till the end of the year. Well, now I will have plenty of time because we decided to try out living without the TV. We weren't really watching it that much. My favourite programmes are available on Internet anyway so there is no biggie -well I was already watching them online as there are no commercials haha.

I'm sitting in my new living room. It's getting cosy alright. The building is situated on the hill so there is an amazing view over Dublin - especially looks cool at night, with all the twinkling lights.

As for Christmas preparation I made Nigella's Red salad for supper yesterday. Unfortunately we ate it too quickly and forgot to take a picture. I will try to prepare that again during the weekend. It was a combination of red kidney beans, macerated in red wine vinegar red onion, cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley. I served that with baguette with chorizo sausage on top. Very different as my dear husband commented. I was a bit cautious about the strong flavour of red wine vinegar but it wasn't very overwhelming. Today I'm baking a pie: Scarlet-speckled loaf cake. One of the ingredients is beetroot so it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment