Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Time- most luxurious gift ever!

Hello again! I would like to apologise to all my dear followers (especially Kasia-the best reader ever!) for not writing for so long. Last week I was a little bit homesick and I wanted so much to go to Wroclaw, meet my friends, parents, spend some time in my favorite places and see the Christmas decorations on Market Square. Hopeless. I wanted to go so much so I checked the flights, called my parents...and than I had a quick reality check as I'm terrified of flying with a crawling toddler( he wants to move around practically all the time )than there is this stupid swine flue and unexpected weather conditions. So for some time I decided to put off the trip and ...I begged my mum to come over for two weeks. So she came here on Sunday. It's so good to have her in the house. It's like the perfect gift for us. It's her third day here and we already have been to the lovely pub Stag's head jus off the Temple Bar.Oh what a glorious feeling to drink a pint in a pub together again without worrying about a baby. It's so important to have someone trusted to babysit Nataniel even just for few hours...even just to stay sane. Yesterday we went to see a movie in IFI "Serious man" directed by Coen brothers. Oh, it was a good craic, especially after a lovely pint:). The film was about a Jewish man who after his wife said she wanted to leave him starts to have doubts and goes from one Rabbi to another for advice. It was such a good comedy. Jewish traditions are so interesting and their way of life is a bit like from another world. Definitely worth seeing.

Today I was supposed to bake Nigella's Christmas ginger cake but there was some misunderstanding about the amount of ginger in the house...I thought that there wasn't enough but then I found a lot...really complicated...so I baked the beetroot cake again. My mum fell in love with the taste and said she never tasted anything like that before...I wonder what will she say after tasting the incredibly easy Christmas cake ...which tastes like a peace of heaven...So Nigella, thank you again. You are my hero.

For now I have to finish as my dear husband has come back from work and I want to give him a hug.I promise to talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment