Friday, October 16, 2009

Book Five: Cecelia Ahern:" If you could see me now"

Pages: 330

Oh I'm so happy I finished A little beach book. Although it had just 150 pages it took me the longest to read it. Well, the short stories would be definitely more interesting if read on the beach as prescribed if not they are just a bunch of stories and most of them was created around birthday parties. The strange thing I noticed-the more luxurious surroundings the more boring the story. Maybe the author is so busy describing intricate jewelery, designer clothes and scrumptious food that there is no place for the action left. That's probably the case.

My new book is thankfully Cecelia again. For now I can say it's about a lady that takes care for her sister and her son...oh and there is an imaginary friend involved...that bit of magic which I love.

As for Christmas preparation the book Nigella Lawson -Christmas Kitchen is on it's way to me, ordered yesterday from amazon.co.uk. I also recorded the show last Christmas and when I watch it now it brings about all the smells and warm feelings of the festive season. Today I'm going to prepare the Christmas rocky road. That's a dessert made of chocolate, nuts and marshmallows (??? we don't eat them in Poland so it will be interesting)...And I took out the CD with Christmas music so now Nikodem, Nataniel and I enjoy each other's company while listening to Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Nat King Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment