Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Exploring the world

A friend of mine reminded me of the movie "Neverending story" today. Do you remember it too? I guess I'm still a baby hidden in the body of 27 year old woman. I loved the story, my dad took me to the movies to see that. I wanted to get The Book that transferred you to fantasy world, I wanted it so much that 20 years later I created my very own fantasy world... through my writing.
I finished Cecelia Ahern's "A place called here" yesterday. I devoured it in 4 days to my husband's amazement. Story was so captivating that I just couldn't stop reading. And it's so good to read about places I know.
I forget to tell you how it went with my Christmas preparation last week. Well, it was goooood. Roasted vegetables, with herbs, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.Yummy. I'm also looking for an ultimate apple pie recipe. Last week I made apple shortcake and French Apple Claufoutis. They were both good but still it's not what I'm looking for. This week I probably skip the Christmas dish as I'll be making my son's first Birthday Cake. His birthday is on Friday but we are making the party on Saturday. We plan to go to the zoo so lets hope for beautiful weather and if it's miserable outside we will go to the children's interactive museum Imaginosity.
Last Sunday we took Nataniel to his first exhibition. Mani: The Lost Religion of Light. It was held in Chester Beaty's Library. It was so interesting. I've read about this religion already but seeing the restored papyruses and reading the history just took my breath away. It's really worth a visit.I used to read about religions all the time. Well, I was mostly interested in Buddhism. I went to lectures to the University (they were late so my farther had to pick me up :)), read Dalailams's books. I liked that Dalailama didn't say :our faith is the only one but instead he encourages to seek your own path, read a lot,get experience and then see what suits you best. I believe that you can learn from every religion, philosophy or culture. It shapes your imagination and pushes you to explore the world.

1 comment:

  1. Spróbuj tarty Jamiego Oliviera z jabłkami, kandyzowanym imbirem i jeżynami.

    ReplyDelete