Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Book Six: Nigella Lawson "Christmas Kitchen"

Pages:277 (well with lots of photos I have to gladly admit:) and frankly I wouldn't buy it if there weren't any)

I'm holding a precious gift in my hands. The book "Nigella Christmas" arrived today. It's gorgeous. The cover, every page looks perfect, so delicious. It's exactly what I was looking for. Every recipe has it's story. It's so much I want to learn about the traditional English feast. Well, I know I should be learning about Irish traditions but Nigella just happens to be British. What I've learned so far is not to panic. No one can prepare everything perfectly without nervous breakdown so if you want to stay sane just buy some of the ready made food. You can use then the time you would have spent on cooking on pouring yourself a glass of something nice and relaxing and just enjoying all the smells, feeling the Christmas spirit.

Last week I made the Christmas Rocky Road (a recipe from the very book) and it was sooooo good. Melted chocolate with golden syrup, Brazil nuts, marshmallows, glazed cherries...as Nik said it's all you can expect from the real treat. Very festive,very heartwarming. A definite on my Christmas table. I uploaded the photo so you can see for yourself.

This week I'm making and you can start to laugh now: "Incredibly easy chocolate fruit cake". I like the title and the promise that it's delicious. I already have most of the ingredients but I will leave that for the weekend as it's a bank holiday Monday so it will be nice so have something special to celebrate.

Ah, and in a week and a half we will be moving to the new apartment. I can't wait.I like when everything is new. I like to figure out what I will put on the windowsill or where is a perfect place for a Christmas tree:).

What I love the most in all this preparation is the time I spend with my family. I feel so cosy to hold Nataniel and Nik in my arms. I just wish I could spend this Christmas with my parents too. I miss them so much and although I know that they will come to visit us in January I'm sad that this will be the second Christmas without them...next year.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo..kolega w firmie robił to w zeszłe Święta. Nawet Złoty Syrop dostał. Ale nie było go czuć, czekoloada dominowała smakowo.

    ReplyDelete