Monday, January 4, 2010

Book Ten: Paulo Coelho "Veronika decides to die"

Around 200 pages

I borrowed this book from my brother-in-law and he got it from Santie. It's a story of a girl who decides to die and after attempting a suicide embarks on a journey of self discovery. It reads extremely well. Story touches the subjects of so called normality in our lives.That we sometimes hang on to rules, habits and we forget that inside everyone there is an artist, a total freak, a crazy free spirit. This book really surprised me as I few years back read the Alchemist and didn't really like it. I kind of thought that this Coelho craze is a misunderstanding , that he writes a few wise sentences and then everyone worships him as a saint(I heard about pilgrimages of fans to the places that meant something to him). I thought that his religious inclination was too much in your face. But now...I think that he is like everyone else who wants to find his path, his place. The book about Veronika was very inspirational. I will give Coelho another try.

1 comment:

  1. PrzeczytaƂam wszystko co napisal Coelho... chyba jedyna godna polecenie jest Czarownica z Portobello. Jest tam cos... powiedzmy "innego" niz w reszcie ksiazek.

    Osobiscie nie lubie jego plytkich, religijnych chwytow marketingowych. ;-7

    ReplyDelete