Monday, January 25, 2010

Chef at home

Dear friends,

I would have never thought that I will fall in love with cooking,ever! But it happened.With this blog, my book and fascinating food discoveries I feel that I finally have found myself. This took me 27 years !!!

Last Saturday I watched the 1st episode of Chef at home. The host is a Canadian chef Michael Smith. He talks so passionately about ingredients that fire your imagination, about beautiful tomatoes, herbs, smells, creating new tastes that it changed my point of view. It's not about spending hours in the kitchen but about spending hours in the kitchen having fun!

So the title of the first episode was: Easy Asian Beef Stew. So a couple of hours later (including a trip to the shop) I was tasting an incredible combination of beef, ginger and...oranges. One of the ingredients was orange marmalade which I made from scratch!!! It was so much fun. The marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce (Dorota, it's still the same bottle you bought:))with bean sprouts and spinach in the end it literally blew my mind away. I made that? The effort was so worth it. Nik and I devoured it in 3 minutes but somehow we managed to take a picture (it was was torture though as it postponed the eating:)).
God bless Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment