Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In search of good weather

Last night Dublin City Council decided to cut off the water supply in Dublin as there is a dangerous shortage. The water is said to return to normal during the course of the morning (it's 12.23 and still no drop from the tap).I will wait. I'm patient. I feel actually quite luxurious as I use the French water Evian for washing and cooking now (the only brand left in supermarket). My tea and morning coffee never tasted so fabulous!!!

There is no snow anymore but there is very strong wind and heavy rain forecast ahead. How lovely! I can manage the cold during walks with Nataniel but wind...wind traps us home...and I don't like that at all.

No more moaning!

I just discovered a new chicken recipe on rte.ie site. You marinade the fillets in dark soy sauce, honey and black pepper than bake it in the oven. I'm giving it a try right now. I will let you know how it goes. I will serve that with lettuce and my miracle dressing (not mine actually, from Canadian chef Michael Smith). It really transforms boring lettuce into a little drop of heaven. I've never eaten so much of this veg in my life. It goes like that: in a small bowl mix a tablespoon of natural yogurt, a teaspoon of honey, juice of half a lemon and a tiny bit of salt and pepper. You should definitely give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment