Monday, January 11, 2010

It's my Birthday!

Hi! On the cold day of 11th of January 28 years ago I came to the world.

To celebrate this lovely occasion I went to the movies on Saturday. The city center was deserted as it was coooold and the roads were hazardous to drive. So I took the best tram in the world and went to see "It's complicated". The movie was good. A romantic comedy with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. The plot was pretty standard, nothing surprising, but the cast on the other hand was amazing. I adore Meryl Streep as she always guarantees a good movie. I love those lazy Saturdays when I can go to the city center, take a stroll, see a movie and grab a cup of fab coffee. I can't wait when Nataniel will be old enough to go to the movies to. It will be so cool to go -the three of us.

The snow began to thaw. I'm glad. Well, at first it was nice with the snow. It looked beautiful, but after Saturday night and another frost the pipe in our apartment building burst out and it wasn't so beautiful anymore.We didn't have water for a day.It was fixed temporarily but it should be ok today as hopefully Dublin City Council will take care of that.

For my Birthday I baked the most amazing cake I ever tasted. The recipe came from a Rachel Allen's cooking series. She invited to her Christmas special an Italian chef and he told about this amazing Italian traditional Christmas cake. It was called:Zuccotto di Panettone a traditional Tuscan Christmas pudding. Pannetone as I saw on a video was a kind of a fruit cake. I tried to find the recipe but it takes days to prepare so I went for beetroot cake and used that as a base for a pud. The making of that is a real art. The layers are as follows: beetroot cake drizzled withe sweet white wine, ricotta cheese mixed with sugar, almonds, dried fruits, beetroot cake again with wine, ricotta mixed with cocoa and beetroot cake wine mixture on top. You cover that with cling film and leave overnight. It looked(covered in cocoa) and tasted divine !I will add a picture in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment