Friday, September 18, 2009

Concentrate on the Now

I got a question yesterday from my beloved follower about the list of books. Well, there isn't one. For now I will see how it goes. For now not knowing what I will read next works well.There is no big waiting list but just this one book I read. That's my new philosophy - Concentrate on the Now.

Yesterday I had a little catch up with Mr Jamie Olivier - Well, I watched the next episode of his "Jamie's American Road Trip". I think it's brilliant. It's these extraordinary cultures he is talking about through food. In high end restaurants you certainly will eat great food but it's the small places, family run where you can hear the heartbeat.

I've read a few chapters from my book. Why is it so that Stephen King's books remind me of my childhood. Well, I wasn't writing back then but this feeling of freedom, that you can do whatever you want the whole day it's just so captivating. I liked when he wrote about his trips to the movies to watch horror stories. Isn't that funny that when you are 12 or so is the best time to watch those movies. I've seen so many of them back then. When you grow up it just looses it's charm. Maybe movie selection just gets more sophisticated ...or there are no good horror movies anymore. Today's slashers? - No thank you!
I remember one movie form my growing up in particular: "Cinema Paradiso" by Giuseppe Tornatorre.It's the best movie ever. I somehow managed to get a DVD of that.It's charming. I wish it was the first movie I've ever seen(maybe it was, wasn't it?).One time I actually felt like one of the characters. It was in Crete in Paleochora in the south of the island. There was this open air cinema. There was no popcorn, which I hate, but there was beer, which I love. You sat there sipping your bottle, the moon shone over your head, millions of cats were running around and this entr'acte, a break in the middle of the movie to refill or go to the loo:).It was the ultimate cinema experience.

1 comment:

  1. I did some calcs: There are 103 days till the end of the year. Say u want to read 20 books @ 200 pages on average. In total 4000 pages.
    You have to read 40 pages a day to finish 20 book until 1/1/2010. GOOD LUCK ! (...not gonna happen :))

    ReplyDelete